Friday, July 13, 2007

Well SHUT MY MOUTH, I like another ad.

(click image) Paging through the book of 2007 Kelly Award winners (outstanding magazine advertising), I came upon this fun Halloween ad for Snickers. It connects both on a creepy and emotional level. Does it sell candy? I don't eat the stuff, so I couldn't tell you. The ad's drawback is that it's a classic one-hit wonder (although it was part of a campaign). But what the fuck is going on? I'm actually liking some stuff recently. My crankcase must be leaking again.
previously in candy advertising:
1. M&Ms for business—hard to swallow.
2. Can't quite put my finger on why this campaign sucks.
3. Brown Sugar.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a fucking kewl ad. Wish I did it.

1:28 PM  
Blogger anna kate said...

I love this one. It's actually the only ad I have posted up in my office.

and the other spots weren't too shabby. the art is really amazing.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Maulleigh said...

Very edward hopper-esque. I like it too.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Alan Wolk said...

I agree it's a very cool ad. And that it probably won't sell a whole lot of candy. Kind of oddly hits Snickers positioning (candy for adults, not kids) smack on the head, which may or may not get people to pick up a bag for the old Halloween candy bowl.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. the art is fucking brilliant.. dark and moody.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's safe to say that no, the ad did not sell even a single candy bar.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home