Monday, August 06, 2007

SJP. Girlie. Edgy.


(let's go inside the head of Sarah Jessica Parker, as she holds a marketing meeting with herself about her new fragrance, Covet)
'So, like, SEX AND THE CITY! I already have the girlie girl market gift-wrapped. Plus, SEX AND THE CITY! all those smart sexy single city girls who are either like me SEX AND THE CITY! or want to be like me will covet SEX AND THE CITY! Covet. But...what about the edgy girls? SEX AND THE CITY! You know, the one's who have tattoos and stuff and work for a living? Hmmm...SEX AND THE CITY! I know! SEX AND THE CITY! let's do a shoot in a jail SEX AND THE CITY! with a couple of edgy but ugly maybe trannies SEX AND THE CITY! and I'll have on a dressy dress SEX AND THE CITY! and girlie gloves! SEX AND THE CITY!
Tagline for campaign: "I Had To Have It."
(scanned from today's AM New York)
update: via an anon commenter, here's an edgy TV spot from the campaign in which SJP gets arrested for stealing some Covet (zzz).
previously in marketing to women:
1. Pink NHL jerseys.
2. Ko the Krazy Kotex ikon.
3. You've Cum A Long Way, Baby.
4. Butch Cassidy sez: bang your husband, eat your greens.
5. Camel No. 9: well, at least they didn't call them No. 5.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thank God for that wide shot. A close up would have been too much on a Monday morning.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's wrong, I know she's a po-faced cunt, so why do I really want to fuck her?

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry take that back. Never proved myself wrong so quickly:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sqxf7sSVXj8

9:44 AM  
Blogger ricpic said...

Jail is fun!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chicago meets Moulin Rouge.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is such a rebel in that TV spot.

10:47 PM  
Blogger SchizoFishNChimps said...

Every time I slag off La Parker, I get women of a certain age railing against me. I don't get it - to me, she's pig ugly, smug and basic, and yet she's some kind of icon.
For me to say that... well, anyone would think I'd kicked a puppy.
Confused.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Z. Madison said...

I can't STAND that tv ad. She looks like a mental patient at the end.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home