Friday, December 12, 2008

more X-mas music merriment.

DCThrowback called me an "unhappy mfer" on my first Christmas music post. In his honor, here's a three-song soundtrack from my iPod to drink yourself into a holidaze hole.
• Jay Farrar, from the great Uncle Tupelo, takes you a "long way from happiness in a three-hour away town..." It's got lots of Jesus in it. (play)
• You could pick any one of 50 Tom Waits songs to kill yourself by. This one makes my eyes well up every single time. (play)
• Townes Van Zandt is (was) the best country songwriter since Hank Williams (yes yes, Cash), and his end was just as tragic, and it happened on the same day of the year. (play)

5 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I don't know if you covered it because I can't get YouTube, but "New York's a Lonely Town" by the Trade Winds is a great song for people who don't like Xmas.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kentucky avenue gives me shivers/goosebumps every time i listen to it.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Uncle Tupelo was the best.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur blog Is very nice

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home