Tuesday, February 17, 2009

FHM Germany tests whether men would do a blue frogwoman.


(click ad) Headline translation: "98 percent of men don't see a frog here." Tagline: FHM. "Men are like that." So, men—what did you see first? Woman? Frog? Freaky frogwoman? An ex? The meaninglessness of existence? I don't know how a juvenile repurposing of the Rorschach ink blot test (a common ad visual trick) sells FHM, but Deutsche mags do certainly seem obsessed with animal love. (image via) Previously in stupid sexual men's magazine ads: Disgusting, drooling men for FHM India. Straight-up misogyny for German edition of Men's Health. Homophobia for VIP, a Brazilian lad mag. Related: The Horshack Rorschach.

7 Comments:

Blogger Anastasia said...

That reminded me of this: http://painting.about.com/od/arthistorytrivia/ig/Gallery-of-Famous-Paintings/Yves-Klein.htm

But I'm not a man, I'm a pretentious lady, so...

12:34 PM  
Blogger rk said...

Definitely saw a frog first. don't know what that says about me, nor do I care. Stupid ad

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Does it mean anything if I saw a blue frog-woman and was still turned on?

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see someone being dismembered with a Soviet-era chainsaw, model number Z4259L.

Of course, I also see that in my cereal every morning.

Catch me if you can, coppers!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a tick.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'm gay... So I actually saw two, the frog and the women.
Hahaha

3:57 PM  
Blogger garrito said...

It's probably wishful thinking, but I saw Blue Man Group as roadkill.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home